Computer Lab, Library Lab, & Multipurpose Room:
- Treat these rooms as you would your own classroom.
- Ensure desks/chairs are straightened.
- Ensure floors and desks are clean of trash and personal belongings.
- Erase whiteboards.
- Ensure all scholars have logged off the computers.
- (Library Lab) Ensure MacBooks are returned to the computer cart.
- You, as the teacher, are responsible for the cart while it is in your classroom. Here are our tips and policies to maintain and secure them properly.
- Be sure to keep the cart plugged into the wall power outlet at all times.
- Be sure to always plug the computers into power when they are returned to the cart.
- Be sure to return computers to the cart to charge as often as needed.
- Always return all computers to the cart at the end of the school day.
- Always lock the cart when you leave your room.
- Keep the cart key in a concealed location (not on top of the cart or in the keyhole).
- Return the computers to their properly numbered cubby in the cart.
- Keep the wires organized.
- Check Out
- Carts can typically be checked out immediately prior to your reservation or at the end of the day before.
- To check out a cart, pickup the key from the keyboard on the wall in the technology office.
- Unplug and take the cart from the library to your room.
- Check In
- Carts should be checked in ASAP (no later than the end of the same school day) after your reservation.
- Return the key to the keyboard in the technology office.
- Return the cart to the library and plug it in.
- Please report all computer malfunctions and problems by submitting a ticket ASAP so that the technology department can perform any repairs needed.